DAY 21 

After camping at Cleo and Julie’s, back on the road to Alta Vista. Earlier that morning, I learned a lesson that should help me in days to come. I woke up late, 6:52, and that was okay, but I thought surely the dew fall was over, so I uncovered everything, and even set my rolled up sleeping bag and other things out on a tarp… well, to my surprise, the due continued to fall until 9:30, and I had to carry my stuff into the sun and dry it all out. At first I thought I would camp where the sun would hit my camp in the morning from now on, but that won’t work because the days are short and I need to be getting things done before sunup or even first light, so from now on I need to leave my wagon tarp on the wagon and work under it (I’ll need to get a new tarp because the one I have is very leaky and I would get wet working under it just rubbing up against it, but I need a bigger tarp anyway for winter, one that goes all the way to the ground and can be staked down, so I will do that.


On the prairie (actually we were just turning the wagon around to get back on the road after having lunch). Sure was a pretty day! Can't count the times I've thanked the Lord for all this beauty. He is the Ultimate Artist!


I met Brenda on the road in her minivan with her 5 kiddos. Brenda had to get the kids somewhere (she told me but I forgot) and didn't have a lot of time, but a few of the kids really wanted up on Reba, but Reba was in harness, then I thought, oh well so what if she has her harness on, and I put them up there. Cash was the first to go up, then “Sissy” (shown in photo). Weston, their older brother was holding the lead rope and deserves an honorable mention here because I’m fairly certain (like 99 percent sure) he wanted to get up on Reba pretty badly, but he held the rope instead so his younger siblings could get up there. So Weston, if you see this, I want you to know, I saw that you made a sacrifice, and some One else saw it too, and I think it’s safe to say He was proud of you.


This is a short video of Reba and I walking to the old school house. 
“Your left, your left, your left, right, left!”


Beautiful old school house that has been restored. A man named Rich had been mowing the lawn there I think, anyway, we met down the road from the school house and had a brief but good conversation, I gave Rich my card and told him what I was about. Rich said I could camp in the school yard if I liked, there was a bathroom and water there. It was a little early yet for camp, but I thought I would check it out… and when I got there, I saw there was no uncut grass for Reba, but I sure do appreciate Rich’s offer. Thank you Rich! 

This Gary and Deb, and Rich’s wife Peggy (Scott had told Peggy about me when he got home, and Peggy had come with a camera to take photos, so I took a photo of them too, and like always I told what I was about and handed out cards). They told me there was another old school house about 3 miles ahead, and the grass was not cut there, but they didn’t know if the old well worked or not. Nice meeting you Gary, Deb, and Peggy!


Love the old stone barns.



The well at the old school house still works! Thank you Lord!





Camp at the old school house. And I was looking at that old one room school house, and thinking, “The generation that defeated the Nazis and went to the moon did not come from consolidated school districts where the mention of God is against the rules, no, they came from one room school houses where God was a friend!”


No comments:

Post a Comment