DAY 36 

In Lost Springs, the ball diamond next to my camp is abandon; a tree grows up between the bleachers and the concession-stand stands dilapidated. Our little towns are dying (Lost Springs is only more advanced), and I would be a liar if I said otherwise, but there is reason to hope because, with God, there is always a way to turn the tide. 




Nice looking home in Lost Springs, KS.





Text Post: DAY 36: I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE A SHOUT OUT TO PAT who I first met at Lenox’s place in Council Grove. I met Pat again on the road today while traveling south from Lost Springs to Lincolnville. Pat made me feel welcome in Lincolnville even before I got there, and he gave me directions on how to get to Kenny’s girl-friend’s place in Lincolnville (Kenny let me stay in his trailer at Lenox’s place in Council Grove).

After traveling south for 5 miles from Lost Springs, I arrived in the town of Lincolnville. I went to Kenny’s girl-friend’s place. Kenny’s girl-friend Silvia said Kenny was away at work but was looking forward to seeing me and I was welcome there. But I could see it probably was not going to work out because it was a neat and clean home with no uncut grass and, rain was in the forecast, and if it rained, Reba would make such a total disaster of the lawn, it would not only need to be replanted, but re-landscaped!


A church in Lincolnville, the town appeared to be in good shape, with lots of kids, a good place to give rides (and speak with folks, and pass out my cards).

After rounding the corner by the church and City Park, I saw Troy in his yard and he asked me what I was about. I told Troy about my mission, and he asked if I needed water for Reba. So Reba got a drink of water, and I got a picture of Troy with his wife Chris and their family. I was looking for a place where Reba and I could both eat lunch (she grazes while I fix my cold lunch and eat it on the wagon). Troy said he hayed the field by the ball diamond, and I was welcome to graze her there. So I went to the field, ate lunch, asked God what I should do, and He told me to keep moving, and He would take care of everything (just like He had been). Thank you Troy, Chris, and family! 

Mike left to get his tractor, and I couldn’t have been more pleased with the way things were going, except I was running out of time setting up camp before dark, and just then Kenny called and asked if he could bring me a pot-roast dinner that Silvia had made. (Photo from right to left: Lonny, Kenny’s grandson Riley, and Kenny). So Kenny arrived just as I was finishing my camp and in fact he and his friend Lonny helped me put my tarp on my wagon, and we then visited while I ate a seriously delicious pot roast dinner! Thank you Kenny, Lonny, and Silvia!


No comments:

Post a Comment