DAY 31 

Photo of downtown Wilsey. No businesses are open, just a city hall, post office, and a small library that is open 2 days a week… but the empty buildings look sound, and the downtown could be brought back... small town America can be brought back. I recently heard a story from and trustworthy source about a forgotten place that the Amish purchased, then swarmed it like ants, fixing it up, so that within a week it was utterly and completely transformed into something beautiful. We are not Amish, but in a very real manner of speaking, here is what we can and should do: 1) Leave Egypt without moving an inch. 2) Rebuild the temple like after the Babylonian captivity. 3) Brave the Roman persecution (if we are successful, big gov and biz will try to stop us). By following God, we can make small town America a place for us again. I’m not saying we could do it overnight, but with faith, I know we would be amazed at God’s desire to help us. We could sell our goods to the larger population with popular commonsense themes, like the 3 Ns: 1) All natural, necessary, and healthy. 2) Products made by the little guy, and therefore good for maintaining America’s freedom! We could build the FREE AMERICA food brand, and the larger population could help free America by supporting us, and they would because they too want to be free. With faith, we could use old farming equipment, parts are available, and there are plenty of capable mechanics in rural America (I fixed a few old tractors). We could use horses (I’ve been around horse farming enough to know it works). We can trust God and rebuild our little towns and farms, or we can keep following those who can never have enough because their hearts are empty, and so they will always want more, more, more. If we trust them, they will take all we have. But if we trust God, He will see to all our needs, and the outcome will be greater than our ability to imagine.


Onlookers at Marci’s place in Wilsey. Tiffany is not shown in photo, but that’s her child in the stroller. We had a brief but good conversation, and I gave both young ladies my cards






The biggest Elm tree I ever did see! It grows at Marci’s place, where I am currently camped. After getting up a 4 and listening to God for an hour, I tried my best to write down what I heard. I then fixed breakfast, went to Bob’s and fixed his truck (his brake lights were not working), then Google Earthed my path ahead, cleaned the horse pen, hauled water, and other chores



Marci showed up just at the perfect time to take wagon out and give rides to kids. We had ten kids in the wagon for a while! Marci gave me a bag of homemade granola, and it was head-and-shoulders above the store bought stuff, and also, the homemade food at Lenox’s and other places along the way, well, it’s just another way that God speaks to us; telling us how capable we really are, and showing us countless reasons to take a chance on Him, and make a stand for rural and small town America.


Text Post: DAY 31: I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE A SHOUT OUT TO DOUG AND CHRISTL who, having seen on Facebook that I had lost my stocking cap, came by tonight with a stocking hat for me, a very good stocking hat at that, just exactly what I needed! Thank you Doug and Christl. 

DAY 31: I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE A SHOUT OUT TO JOEY who runs the mission house in Wilsey. Joey and his family were out of town during most of my stay due to the loss of a relative, but Joey came by tonight and we had a good conversation. I told Joey the people of the town had lots of good things to say about him and his wife. God be with you Joey…keep up the good work!


No comments:

Post a Comment