DAY 19  Old horse drawn rake.






Old horse drawn rake on Buddy’s land.




Buddy and wife Jane


Another photo of Reba at Buddy's place. The old stone house in background is abandon and partially fallen in, but I love old stone structures.

Text Post: Day 19: I could be doing this mission better than I am. I could have more faith then what I have. I could be going with just the shirt on my back and the Holy Spirit in my heart like Jesus told his disciples to do, but instead I have a horse and dog with a wagon load of gear and supplies. So instead of having lots of time to do the Lord’s work, I waste hours and hours packing, cooking, cleaning, checking horse hoofs, paying bills online, taking down the horse pen, the list is darn long… and then I do it again at night, and all that energy I put into messing with things is energy I am not spending spreading the message that God has given me. And yet God has so much grace, I cannot count how many times He has provided except to say He’s done it every single time even though I doubted Him through worry, worry about where I would be able to camp, get water, make repairs, etc, and every time God has come through perfectly. What I’m saying is that, even with my small faith, God helps me and is there for me even though I am doing a fairly pathetic job of serving Him (please don’t disagree with me on this dear ladies and gentlemen, for the truth is the truth). What I’m saying is this; we all have gifts (abilities we are given). And if we come together in faith, our gifts will fit together like the pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. God alone knows where the pieces go, but it is our steps taken in faith that make the pieces fall into place, and the final outcome is greater than our ability to imagine. But if we continue to follow those who do not know God, who value worldly things, who are unfulfilled and therefore always want more, more, more… we will continue to dwindle and disappear until we are no more. Please tell your friends about Faith March, do it today. And please, if you are not involved already in your community, please get involved, and use your God-given abilities for the sake of preserving our people, our culture, our little towns and farms, for no matter how small or pathetic you think your effort may be, I think you will be surprised at His desire to help.


No comments:

Post a Comment