DAY 41 


It's November…what am I doing entering this open, empty, windswept place?




Love this old ruin (the wall behind is not part of the house but of an outbuilding, there was also a barn not shown in photo as it had fallen in).


Baron rocky badlands of Kansas, and I was worried about being in such territory at the onset of wintery weather, but no more had I entered the “badlands” than I crested a rise to look down into a little river valley with a miniature forest of oaks. We rolled down into the valley, the wind died, it got warm, I had to strip down to a t-shirt, I saw three doe and one buck, a flock of turkey, squirrels were playing in the trees, a snake was out sunning itself, a swarm of flies appeared around Reba just like it was summer, and I even saw a butterfly! Ha ha! I’m not kidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment