DAY 37 

Excellent roadside camp in morning fog, on the road from Lincolnville to Marion. (I had already taken my tent down, but this is the camp I spoke of in DAY 36 post.)


Reba shines in morning mist. See where the wagon shafts have worn the fur off her sides, and where the harness has left a semi-permanent indent on the fur on her back…marks of honor! 


Text Post: DAY 37: I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE A SHOUT OUT TO MIKE who I met on the road from Lincolnville to Marion. After lunch in Lincolnville, I continued west and south towards the town of Marion. Reba was pulling with serious intent and we were making good time but we hadn’t left Lincolnville till 1:45 pm, and what remained of the afternoon passed quickly. We stopped at several places, an abandon farm but the house had a posting on its back door so we didn’t stay there, two other areas didn’t pan out for us either due to lack of water, grass, or windbreak. I stopped a man in a truck and he said there was a stream only a mile to the west, and I thanked him for the information. The road west was right there, but I decided to continue south toward the town of Marion because the Lord had assured me He had everything set, and sure enough, just ¾ mile further we found a perfect place, right along the road, with excellent brome grass for Reba, a good windbreak for us all, and a pond with water. While I worked setting up camp, a man named Mike came by on a 4 wheeler, I told him what I was about, and he said that tomorrow he would have a place for me to weather the coming storm, a farm on the edge of Marion with electricity, running water, a barn for Reba, good grass, hay, and really everything I could possibly hope for - just exactly what I needed! Thank you Mike!

Reba's home for the stormy night outside Marion KS. She had the whole side of the barn to herself, with windows that looked out over a pen of balling calves.


My temporary office on farm outside of Marion KS. I spent the better part of two days here, mostly alone, putting down what I had in my heart. A big thank you to the family that allowed me to use their barn and house which was not currently occupied. (Where God guides, God provides.) 


Text Post: DAY 37: I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE A SHOUT OUT TO DICK, JIM, JACK, AND RALPH in Marion KS. Dick picked me up the farm I was camped at and took me into town, and Jim brought me breakfast. Thank you men for your hospitality!


No comments:

Post a Comment