DAY 48 (continued) 

Small road, big country! We were traveling east when I happened to meet Cody again. Cody was out that Sunday afternoon to shoe some horses. Cody loves all things horses, he cowboys, and shoes horses as a second job and labor of love (he didn’t call it a labor of love but it seemed obvious to me). After speaking for a while, Cody said he managed some cattle pens up the road a few miles and I was welcome to camp there if I liked (Marty's Pens). It was not very late in the day, but it was not early either and bad weather was coming so I took Cody up on his offer. Thank you again Cody!


After the rains that occurred before I came through this area, there is water every-where. Love the beauty of the land!

While setting up my evening camp at Marty’s pens, Cody’s younger brother Russell came to check on me and see how I was doing (the pens are not visible from the road and in fact are in a remote place, a beautiful place). Russell brought me firewood which would come in very handy in the cold days to come (Cody had also brought me firewood, see note below). Russell said he lived only 3 miles away and if I got to cold, he had a shed with a wood stove I could camp in. Thank you Russell! (Photo is of Russell’s son and daughter.)


Text Post: DAY 48: I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE A SHOUT OUT TO CODY who stopped to see me while I was camped at Marty’s pens. Cody returned a short time later with firewood and a bale of excellent brome hay which he would accept no money for. I hadn’t asked for firewood or hay but in fact I needed both because I only had a ¼ bale left from what Clark gave me, and the firewood I needed to cook the roast I had purchased that day. So Reba had excellent hay to eat, and I cut the roast up into chunks and cooked it on my grill over the fire. Thank you Cody! And thank you, Lord God for seeing to my every need!


No comments:

Post a Comment