DAY 26 



Back on the road to Council Grove, Reba was following me while I walked ahead taking pictures of her, and she yawned! Ha ha!



Video Post: DAY 26: A SHORT VIDO OF REBA following me up the hill. Since she had followed me when I went fishing (see earlier post) and then followed me again when I went to get water for her; I got an idea: I stopped the wagon, climbed down, and just took off walking up the road, and sure enough, Reba followed me. So I shot a little video of it, only about 7 seconds, but kind of neat, and with beautiful Kansas background!


When I got to council grove, I saw a crew of concrete workers, and I stopped to ask them if there was anywhere around where I could camp with grass and water. The concrete workers said I could go to “old Lenox’s place” and drew me map there. So I went to Lenox’s place on the edge of town where I found a long driveway lined with old horse drawn equipment alongside a large garden at the end of which was a humble trailer and the man named Lenox with his wife Julia. Lenox, who grew up horse farming, has to be one of the most hospitable men I ever met. He set Reba up in some nice grass, with a little corn and spring water. Lenox then gave me homemade stew and homemade cornbread, and man was it good! Later the concrete workers showed up, along with Kenny who cuts trees for a living, and a few others who work construction. Kenny, who keeps a camper on Lenox’s property, said I could use his camper for the next few days because he wasn’t going to be there, and I was glad for that because it would save me the trouble of dealing with a soggy camp. The trailer was not heated at that time due to a water heater problem but that was fine by me, I was just glad to have a dry place. And it has been nothing short of amazing how God has put exactly what I need in front of me. Thank you Kenny! And thank you Lenox, for you great kindness! (Photo from left to right: Lauren, Dean, Roger, Lenox, Kenny).

No comments:

Post a Comment