DAY 42 

Morning, another great roadside camp. It came after a long day, with good brome grass for Reba, good windbreak for us all, and good water in the culvert. 

I started eating candy and sugar treats several days ago which is something I shouldn’t do, like eating a lot of them as we rolled along, and this morning my chest hurt and I was short of breath. I knew it was all the sugar same as before when I had this problem so I laid down because I was short of breath. Then while gazing up though the branches of the big oak I had camped under, well, it was easy to see how God makes things perfect, and we get into trouble when we stop following His designs. No more candy and sugar treats.

Looking out from my cook tent, and out from under the eve of the big oak that I had camped under. It's an oasis, we look for them, and hope to camp in them, and although they are few, God always puts one in our path. Thank you Lord!

This was one heck of a long hill, and it’s hard to tell by the photo, but it gets fairly step near the top. The wind was gusting to 40mph and Reba and I were walking up it together in lockstep like in that video I posted awhile back, and the wind was darn near blowing me over, and I had one hand on her, and I could feel her straining as the wind blew against the wagon like a sail, the wind got so strong near the top, it’s hard to describe, but she stopped and I stood directly in front of her, to give her a break from it, and she put the flat of her head against my chest, and all I could hear was the wind though the heavy hood of my jacket, it sounded like a jet was flying low overhead, and little beginnings of tumbleweeds were flying perfectly horizontal and fast, just whizzing by like crazy, yeah it was something else, and I knew she couldn’t hold that wagon there, so we continued and then rested after cresting the top. It had been a long day, and it wasn’t over.

No comments:

Post a Comment