DAY 42 - 44 

Finding nowhere to camp, we rolled into the town of Cassoday at sunset where we met Kyle and his mother Becky. I asked them where the city park was, and Kyle said his dad Jason had a barn across from the park that I could camp in (and be out of the weather), and Becky gave me a kind donation, and then Kyle’s wife Kassey made me dinner, and Kyle gave me a camp heater that works with my propane cooking bottles (and I have a feeling that little heater may just save my tail in the not so distant future). Praise the good Lord for making a way! And thank you Kyle and Kassey, Becky and Jason for your great hospitality! (Photo from left to right: Kassey, Becky, Kolter, Kabin, Karsyn, and Kyle)

This is the Cassoday Country Store in Cassoday KS. When locals told me the food there was good I was doubtful because it was a "convenience store" after all, but boy-howdy was I ever wrong about that, the food was better than good; Monday was fried chicken as good as anyplace I've had away from home and I'm not just saying that, in fact it was home cooking done at a convenience store... imagine that! Then Tuesday I had the tacos, and they were excellent, and the salad bar is fresh and crisp. The store also sales horse feed. Norma is the owner/operator, and she helped me by delivering my grain to my camp (in Jason’s barn across from the City Park).

Text Post: DAY 42 - 44: I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE A SHOUT OUT TO KATIE who I met at the Post Office in Cassoday KS. The next day when I got lunch at a place folks call the “Gas Can,” I was told that Katie had stopped by earlier and paid for my lunch. Thank you Katie!

Downtown Cassoday was dead quiet on Monday during the lunch hour. As I understand it, the downtown was purchased by a man in the big city who then fixed it up for an annual biker rally once a year but has little interest in doing anything with it outside of that. I do not know the details, but in my opinion; this is not a good situation for  town folks that want to restore their downtown.


No comments:

Post a Comment