DAY 18 




Our morning camp at Joe and Barb’s Ranch.
 






The wagon, loaded up and ready to get back on the road. Thank you again Joe and Barb for your hospitality!


Back on the road to Alma, love the old stone structures.



Reba pulling the wagon up a long hill, on the road to Alma.










Crossing the I-70 Bridge, on the road to Alma. It takes a steady horse to walk above big trucks!






Love the old stone ruins, this one was a schoolhouse.










This is Buddy. I was stopped on a small bridge, getting a bucket of water for Reba when Buddy came along in his truck. I told him I was on a faith-based mission, and I had word of a low water crossing up ahead, just off the main [gravel] road, and that one side of the crossing would be okay to camp on and the other side might not be (different land owners), but I couldn’t remember exactly what I’d heard regarding which was the good side and which was the not so good side. Buddy told me that I could camp on his land, which was right there where we were standing and that there was a creek, plus a spigot, good brome, alfalfa, and electricity, and I was welcome to all of it. And it is worth knowing, Buddy didn’t know I was coming, which has been the case so far, people just step forward and help. Thank you Buddy!




Little Jill is tired out.









The bull across the fence came over and challenged Reba, so Reba walked over and put her head down for a face off.  After squaring off with the bull, Reba sees that the whole heard is approaching. They’re probably worried for the bull. Ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment