DAY 71 





Reba is ready to roll, morning in the park at Westphalia.

On the road from Westphalia to Garnett. Cold, damp, and windy! How it could be foggy and windy at the same time I don’t know. I went down the steep side of a culvert to fetch water for Reba, and on the way back up, I slipped and fell in such a way that the entire five gallons of water spilt out of the bucket and directly on me! Fortunately, I had my rain-suit on (because of the heavy moister in the air that morning), and so I didn’t get wet at all, not even a drop! Ha ha!

The fog lifted to reveal the blue sky! I took a wrong turn and ended up in the tiny town of Mont Ida. Photo shows a church, school, and some houses. Then I saw some cloths on a line, and I realized it was a Mennonite community, and I put my camera away out of respect (they don’t like having their pictures taken).



Video Post: Rolling with Reba. Rolling towards the town of, Garnett, KS.


While pushing the time envelop to get as close to Garnett as possible, we got into an area where there just wasn’t anyplace to camp, I looked and looked as we rolled along, the sun was about to set, and I was really beginning to wonder if we would have a campsite. It was not looking good at all, but God had it all worked out and of course it was perfect; a small pen by the road for Reba, clean water, and a nice patch of flat ground for my tent. Thank you Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment