DAY 32 

Packed and ready to go. (Note: the pallets are food pallets that the mission house uses to feed families in need). I was up at 4am listen to God till 5am. Then to work packing, cooking, cleaning, and cleaning two big bags of “horse apples” out of Marci’s yard, then charging batteries at Bob’s, making arrangements with Ron to haul off uneaten hay that I re-bundled and the sacks of manure (great for Ron’s garden), I got ice at Bobs and gave Bob a grocery list because he was going into Council Grove, I picked up my charged batteries, did other chores, and departed town at 11:30am, heading west towards the town of Burdick.



I liked this house on the edge of Wilsey, so I took a photo as I was leaving town.




On the road from Wilsey to Burdick. Out of hill-country and into the flats. Yeah Baby!


Bob from Wilsey brought me supplies in the early afternoon and then returned with a crock-pot of good meaty chili for supper made by a kind lady who also lives in Wilsey, and we had one of Lenox’s baby watermelons for desert. Good eating! Oh yeah! Thank you Bob for all your kindness! 


Bob at my camp on road to Burdick. I had to camp beside a dirt road because no one was home at the farmhouse where I left a note, but the brome grass in the ditch was good, very good (for Reba), and the farmer came later and said I could camp by his pond but I was already set up there. Had a good time visiting with Bob. Bob and his wife (who has passed away) traveled for 40 years spreading the word of God. Some folks came by in a pickup and I told them what I was about and gave them my cards as always, and Bob spoke with them also. Thank you Bob, and please thank your friend in town for me, for the chili. 


No comments:

Post a Comment