DAY 72 


On the road from Westphalia to Garnett. More cold damp wind with one hill after another, same as the day before. Glad it was only 4 miles from camp to town! 



Garnett! We made it! Yee ha!





Anderson County Courthouse in Garnett city square. Arriving in town, I went to the feed store, the library, city hall, and county extension office where I got permission to camp in the fairgrounds on the north side of town. Everyone was so friendly and willing to help, not a single sour face, but such was my concern for the weather that was coming; I could give nothing in return for their help, and that is my only regret. Thank you people of Garnett!



Residential Garnett.

My camp at the fairgrounds in Garnett. Vanessa, a friend from school in our hometown of Ottawa KS, came with her grandkids and visited. Her grandsons were such nice boys, it would have been great to put them up on Reba and give them rides around the area, but living outside in December is a race for food and shelter before the sun goes down. So I asked if it was okay if I worked while we visited, and they understood. I wish there was more time! It was good to see you, Vanessa!

No comments:

Post a Comment