DAY 55 



Safe back in Albert's barn with a roof over my head and hay for a windbreak, nice and comfy!

At 5am in the morning I went into Albert’s workshop and made these little parts for my wagon evener, I then returned to my camp in the barn, made breakfast (I did not cook in the hay barn but in an adjacent covered port with a gravel floor). Next I went to work on my journal (I had electricity thanks to Angela who ran an extension cord to the barn). Later that morning, Angela and her friend Will took me to Will’s (another Will) who had a welder and I finished the work on my evener (I forgot to wear my reading glasses when I welded it, so it wasn’t very pretty, but it will hold). Thank you Angela, Will, and Will!

Albert and Helen have seven children so on the weekends there are usually grown kids, grown grand kids, and great grand kids. In fact there were 4 generations there that Saturday and I wish I would have got a group picture!


One of Albert and Helens great granddaughters Kendra who, along with her friend, fell in love with Reba and, for the entire afternoon, groomed her (they brushed her so well, her tail felt like silk), and they braded her hair, and rode her like ducks take to water!



Friend of Kendra on Reba.









Video Post: DAY 55: VIDEO OF GIRLS RIDING REBA: These two girls had a wonderful time with Reba, and I was glad that Reba got the attention (especially after the near disaster the day before). I was in the hay barn that afternoon sitting in a natural recliner made of hay bales, working on my journal and it was great to take breaks and speak with the family!

No comments:

Post a Comment