DAY 70 

Text Post: DAY 70: Went to the only church in town at 8:30am with a good sized congregation, and after the service, mingled with the folks, told what I was about, and passed out cards. The folks treated me with great kindness (plus they gave me a bunch of homemade treats), and as a stranger, I greatly appreciate that they made me feel welcome! Thank you people of the Westphalia church!
 
Text Post: DAY 70: While walking from church to camp, I stopped in a little store with a wood stove and a group of folks sitting around, and we spoke for a while, and I gave out cards, and I wish I would have had my camera because it really was like something out of Norman Rockwell only more real even than that! Thank you people of Westphalia!
 
Correction to the above: I don't think it was a wood stove but it was an old time stove with a pipe that went up and out like a wood stove, and there were old men sitting around in caps, and some young men too, and one boy of about 3 who was trying to pet/pat a great big furry cat that was sitting in a soft old chair and looking at the child with some trepidation.

Text Post: DAY 70: I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE A SHOUT OUT TO KENNY who I met in church. Shortly after church, Kenny came by my camp and gave me a bale of hay. Kenny had his grandson Landon with him, and we put Landon up on the horse.


Morning at my camp in Westphalia. Kenny’s wife and their son came back to my camp with Landon to take a photo, so we put Landon back up on Reba, and I was glad because I got to take a photo also. It was Landon’s first time on a horse, and he did great!


My lunch in the park at Westphalia; a stir-fry of potatoes, ham, onions, and green peppers rolled up in tortillas with hot sauce.


City Park in Westphalia, my camp is at back.  Can you see Reba? Her image is barely visible between the slipper-slide and the tree.





My “office” in Westphalia City Park.






Text Post: DAY 70: I WOULD LIKE GIVE A SHOUT OUT TO ROBERT. It was late in the day, light was fading, I was sitting in the park working on my journal, just about had it caught up, but I didn’t have any WiFi to post with. I had asked around and no one knew of any WiFi, and I really wanted and felt that I should post current events because they are important, and that is when Robert pulled up in his car and we talked, I told him what I was about and showed him my camp. In the course of our conversation about small town and rural America, I told him I needed WiFi, and he pointed thought the trees to his house and said that I could come and use his WiFi. Wow! Thank you, Robert!

Text Post: DAY 70: A few days ago, Saturday morning, I prayed God make the last few days of this mission count (I have been so consumed with the task of shelter and food and animals in the cold and wind, well, it ain’t like summer when there's ample time to speak with folks). But I didn’t even think about the weather when I asked God, I just wanted to reach people and get the message out. And the Lord answered my prayer; this weekend was sunny and so pleasant, and not only did I meet a large group from this town, but also a large group from the surrounding area – it couldn’t have been better, and the kids too, it is so great to give them rides, they won’t forget. And now, I have a way to get the word out to the online folks (thanks to Robert). This mission is not about me, it is about rural and small town America. And I know folks may think that there is nothing we can do to save what we love because the powers that be are just too big and powerful, but is not God greater than they, in fact, isn't He infinitely greater than they! It is our faith that is small. We only need to have faith in Him. He is just waiting to show us what He can do with our faith! HAVE A GOOD NIGHT DEAR READERS, AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL!


No comments:

Post a Comment