DAY 59 - 62 

Our camp at the Woodson County Fairgrounds in Yates Center, KS. I put my tarps up to block the south wind and rain that was coming. It’s a very nice facility, perfect for our needs. I hunkered down here Tuesday night, and then spent most of Wed, Thurs, Fri, and Sat writing down what I heard in my heart, and at the same time, acclimatizing to the cold weather so that when this north wind stops blowing so hard, we can travel, and it looks like the timing is working out just as the Man upstairs would have it!



Jill curls up in the cold, we are getting used to it as best we can.


It's been awhile since we've seen the sun. Bring it on Mr. Sunshine!






Text Post: DAY 59 - 62: I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE A SHOUT OUT TO DALE who brought a bag of horse feed by for Reba (good stuff!) and offered that I come to his place just outside town where he had a heated tack-room I could stay in for the cold weather. I thanked Dale for the feed and for his kind offer to camp at his place but I was already set up at the fairgrounds (and I needed to stay in the cold anyway and get used to it). Thank you Dale!

Text Post: DAY 59 - 62: I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE A SHOUT OUT TO ROB, the Woodson County Sheriff’s Deputy who stopped by my camp at the Woodson County Fairgrounds in Yates Center, KS. It was before daylight and Rob saw my headlamp and stopped (he knew I was there) and asked if I was doing okay in the cold and if there was anything I needed. Rob also told me that it was okay to let Reba in the grass yard of the rodeo arena and that was a big help because it gave Reba a place to eat green grass and stretch her legs. We had a good conversation, talking about small towns. I said I could plug my laptop in and not worry about anyone stealing it even if it was away from my camp. Rob said, “Yeah, we’re small.” And I said, “Yeah, and that’s big!” and we both laughed. Thank you Rob!

Text Post: DAY 59 - 62: I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE A SHOUT OUT TO ANGELA (Albert and Helen's daughter) who came and took me to the Alco in Eureka so I could get propane camping bottles. I very much enjoyed having lunch with Angela, who also brought a bag of alfalfa cubes for Reba. Thank you again Angela!

Text Post: DAY 59 -62: HAPPINESS IN THE WINTER WONDERLAND OF OZ SURVIVAL TIP: If the water spigot is more than 10 normal steps from your cook kitchen, take your dish towel with you when you go to rinse your plate (or be surprised at how fast water can freeze)! Note: It was so cold that my food would freeze to my dinner plate very quickly, so I had to hurry up and eat.   

No comments:

Post a Comment